Friday, September 19, 2008

And Life Goes On...

It has been 3 days since the accident, and we are all still alive. The kids seem a little stiff, but it's nothing that has stopped them from running amok around the house. So they are fine. I am finally starting to feel better. Don't get me wrong, I still hurt pretty badly, but I am not as stiff today, and that is helping. I can't really turn my head very well without it causing sharp pain, so I am not driving around unless I have too.
The insurance finally got back to us and my car is definitely totaled. In fact, the damage is almost twice the dollar amount that my car is valued at! So, now I get to go buy a new car! Matt keeps telling me that I am the most spoiled person he knows...getting a new house and a new car at the same time!!
For those of you who know what happened with Morgan at school, a letter will be sent out within the next week or two to parents district wide. We are going to get to approve the final draft before it goes out. Once that is done, I will feel good again about the school system.
We are so thankful everything turned out ok and are glad that life is getting back to normal. Thank you so much to everyone that has called to check on us and offered to help. We love you all.


The Fleming Family said...

I am glad things are going well and that you are feeling better. Nice.. a new car and a new house! Score! :) I'm jealous!

emily said...

so glad you are recovering from your scare. Seriously, how did you NOT go over to that idiot and swear at him for five solid minutes??? I would have.

Stacie Morris said...

HOLY COW!!! That certainly IS one of the worst nightmares a mother could go through! I'm glad to hear you are all okay. I'm sorry that you're without your car for a while and getting a brand new one out of this whole mess is absolutely deserved!

Sorry to hear that something bad happened with Morgan at school and glad to hear all is going to be well. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.