Thursday, September 10, 2009

Elle's First Day

Elle had her first day of preschool today. We all walked to school, and by that I mean I walked and pulled the kids in the wagon. My friend Allison stayed outside with Morgan and Miles and I took Elle in. She found her name on the coat rack and hung up her backpack. Then we went over and found a book for her to read. She was feeling a little nervous, but then Mikey from her sunbeam class came over and sat with her. She looked up at me, smiled, and said bye.
When I picked her up, the teacher said she did very well. She would stop sometimes in mid-coloring and say that she missed her mom, but would take a deep breath and go back to coloring. Elle said she had crackers and white-all-over cheese and apple juice for a snack today. She was pretty disappointed when I told her she didn't come back until Tuesday.
I can't believe how grown up my little girl is.

4 comments:

Amanda Fleming said...

She is so adorable in these pics! What did you do with your new free time? lol

Kristi said...

That top picture is absolutely ADORABLE!! What a cutie and I am so glad she did well at school. I think this is going to be really good for her and she will have many friends soon. How fun!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a dolly she is! Her hair is so long! Way to go on preschool sweet girl! We are all so proud of you! Taylor can't wait to see you for your birthday...she keeps asking if it's been two weeks yet ; ) Luv you guys!

Emily S. said...

How did she get this OLD?? I was just there holding her as a baby, right??!?

Love the photos. She is PERFECT!