Friday, September 17, 2010

Feeding the...ducks?

I realized the other day that after we drop Morgan off at school in the morning, I spend the rest of the morning cleaning. AKA, I am not taking advantage of having a chunk of free time with Elle and Miles. So on Thursday, I told the kids we could get in the wagon and take a walk. Now Miles has been saying his prayers every night, and for the last week he has prayed he could walk over a bridge. I don't know what he is talking about, but there is a tiny bridge at the pond down the street. So I loaded the kids in the wagon and grabbed the last English muffin because Elle really wanted to feed the ducks. Well, as it turns out, there are no ducks at the pond. We did spot two geese, but they swam away as soon as we approached. Elle tried throwing bread pieces to them, but ended up attracting a flock of seagulls instead. These birds really creep me out! They don't just sit there waiting for you to feed them, they fly and hover right by your face. If Miles hadn't been so nervous of them, I would have grabbed a picture of it. I did get a couple after the bread was gone, though. All in all a great morning. I definitely need to worry less about a clean house and more about getting in quality time with my kidderoos.


2 comments:

Stacie said...

I love that last picture! Why is it always more thought to go play with the kids than it is cleaning the house? I need to follow your advice...

Amanda Fleming said...

So fun! I can't believe your kids are all in some form of school. And Elle's bday is next week! Didnt you just do the Tea Party?? How time flies. Miss you!